Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Review: Dark Feather

Dark Feather Dark Feather by Alta Hensley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I haven't read many sci-fi/paranormal romance books, so I'm no expert, but I rather enjoyed this read. To better understand the reasoning behind my rating, I thought I'd list everything I liked (or not) in point form.

Dislikes (let's get these out of the way first)
* the lack of Rigby's POV. Although I liked Tudor's character well enough, I felt that Rigby's perspective would further enlighten me on the dynamics of their relationship. As it stood, the story was too one-dimensional
* the lack of expansion. Time passes (no idea how much time) behind the scenes and some really interesting events occur but we, the reader, are left in the dark as to the details
* the contradictions. For example, it is explained that the Penna do not value emotion of any kind, feel no emotion of any kind, they are downright emotionless, but Tudor went on to say how much she 'hated' the life of the Penna. She even exacted revenge against the one who killed her mother (before meeting Rigby and learning emotion and falling in love). Dare I say, that was emotional?

Likes
* the battle scenes. Though short and not as gruesome as I thought they would be, the author did an incredible job with putting me right in the middle of each battle. These scenes were awesome!
* the relationship and love development between Rigby and Tudor. The author made their growth a thing of wonder.
* how surprised I was by how HOT some of the sex scenes were. Totally unexpected!
* honestly, the entire premise of the story was brilliant. It just need to be fleshed out more

Would I read from this author again? Heck ya!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment