Sunday, October 23, 2016

Review: Between Here and the Horizon

Between Here and the Horizon Between Here and the Horizon by Callie Hart
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I must admit that when I started reading this book, I didn't start off with a very high opinion of Ophelia. At first, she came off as condescending, irrational, defensive and judgmental. It could be me, but the part where she met Ronan didn't give me a negative vibe. Only she did. It didn't seem enough to warrant her reaction or her attitude. Then BAM!! Unexpected circumstances and drama commences and although my feelings for her didn't immediately change, my interest in the story grew astronomically.

Please Note: I've read plenty of Callie Hart's books but this was my first time trying her contemporary work. So please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Read the book and form your own opinion. I didn't know what to expect other than greatness because I absolutely fell in love with her writing when I read her Blood and Roses series. I'm still a huge ho for Zeth!

"He was a man possessed. I was a woman lost. Together, we were two halves of something fragile and delicate, beautiful in its complexity."


That quote pretty much sums up the relationship that developed between Ophelia and Sully (Ronan's brother). It started off rough. Sully had a lot of residual anger and came off as brusque, cold and rude. A real jerk to be honest. But you could tell that it was all a front to keep people at a distance. Thankfully, once Ophelia got a glimpse past his mask she refused to back down or give him up or give up on him.

So although this was a departure from what I've come to expect from Callie Hart, it was no less worthy of high praise!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment