Review: Turbulence by Whitney G.

January 02, 2017

Turbulence by Whitney G
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Turbulence #1
Release: August 29, 2016
Length: 436 pages

Fuck me recklessly
Kiss me harder.
Take me again and again...

He and I met under a cloud of clichés:
Boy meets girl. Boy charms girl. Boy fucks girl.
Our story was supposed to end right after the orgasms, right after we went our separate ways.

But then we saw each other again...

And neither of us could walk away.

Our rules were simple.
Our passion was scandalous.
Our hearts were supposed to be safe...

But when you find something so all-consuming--something so intoxicating and inescapable, you'll risk everything you've ever had, even if you're destined to crash and burn.

This is us.
This is our messed up love.
This is turbulence.

Goodreads | Amazon


My Review

A brilliant return from Whitney G. Woman, you were sorely missed and I'm so happy you're back!

I loved virtually everything about this story. The banter between Gillian and Jake was phenomenal. I especially loved Jake's sarcasm and wit. Every one of his quips gave me tingles.

ass

He made it into an art form and I loved every bit of it!!

There were so many times I questioned whether Taylor G. was actually Whitney G. because when describing bits about the FMC, the author stuck pretty close to her own truth. But then I kept reminding myself that there was no disclaimer or label proclaiming that this story was based on any facts, so I let go of my supposition. Too bad though. That would have made for some interesting questions *wink*

Anyway, the author's writing was as exceptional as ever and she really brought these characters to life. I wanted to punch each member of Gillian's family in the face for their callousness and cruelty. The same goes for Jake's family (excluding his mother of course). Talk about lies, betrayal and dysfunction. With families like those, who needs enemies?!

What didn't I like? Gillian was far too weak IMO. She took one too many emotional hits and there weren't all from Jake. I wanted her to have more of a backbone (and stop crying all the damn time). And I also wanted more from the ending. It seems like there's a HFN but I think Gillian and Jake deserved far more than that.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!