Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Monday, 8 August 2016

    Review: EXPLOITS: A Glamorous, Dangerous Romance

    EXPLOITS: A Glamorous, Dangerous Romance EXPLOITS: A Glamorous, Dangerous Romance by Clara Grace Walker
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Copy provided in exchange for an honest review

    WOW!! When I started this book, I thought I had a pretty good idea of how the story would unfold. I was WRONG!! Simply put, the author wove a tale that reeked with intrigue, drama, suspense, mystery, romance, and a healthy dose of humour. I was pleasantly surprised and hooked.

    Sunny was a talented and successful historical crime writer. She was also shy, naive, sweet, beautiful, and a little bit broken. Jeremy was the Police Chief. He was smart, aggressive, gorgeous, good at his job, and very cynical (although he seemed to have a big heart, he was also a little bit broken). Ruby was Sunny's aunt (who raised her) and agent. She had her own plans for Sunny's career and nothing and no one was going to get in her way (not even Sunny). Darla was a wannabe successful crime writer who viewed Sunny as a rival. She was narcissistic, selfish, jealous, conniving, promiscuous, deceitful, manipulative, etc. She was willing to do any and every thing in her power to sabotage Sunny.

    Thrown in an accidental death, a cover up, a George Clooney impersonator, counterfeit money, two crime families, Darla's perpetual revolving bedroom door, and the romance that was blossoming between Jeremy and Sunny and you've got yourself the recipe for a winner.

    I was engrossed in the story from beginning to end. It was paced perfectly and therefore I suffered no dull moments. I only wish that there was more to the ending. It felt incomplete. Some characters didn't even have any resolution. I also would have loved a glimpse of the future that Jeremy and Sunny would hope to share. Maybe the author has plans for more and will continue the series.

    XO

    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment