Review: Okay by Danielle Pearl

January 01, 2017

Okay by Danielle Pearl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Something More #2
Release: February 24, 2015
Length: 308 pages

After the horrors she’s survived over the past year, Rory never expected to find the one thing she certainly wasn’t looking for – love. But after the painful realization that her past has left her a dangerous liability to the person she cares for the most, she finally understands that for her and Sam, love means letting go.

Can two people hopelessly in love with one another ever revert back into just friends? Neither Rory nor Sam know for sure. But the one thing they do know – it’s the only choice they have.

As Rory recovers from a devastating assault, Sam will do anything to make sure it never happens again. But how far will he go to keep her safe? Their choices will change everything, and they will either bring them back together, or destroy them irrevocably.

Goodreads | Amazon

My Review

Normal - ★★★★☆
ReCAP - ★★★★☆

The writing was on point as it has been throughout this series. The feels hit right from the damn start and didn't stop until the very end. Gahhhhhh!! I loved it!!

Short and sweet...

I obviously loved Sam and Rory. She wasn't so annoying in this one. Okay, she was in the beginning, but she earned back my love pretty quickly lol. Sam. Sam. Sam. He made this freaking story. The fact that this book is told from both of their perspectives absolutely made this incredible for me. I don't want to reveal the plot, but Robin FINALLY gets dealt with. I'm not wholly satisfied with the justice that was wrought, but I'm not the creater of this story so...

There were a lot of feels. Old friends and new friends offered support. Enemies came out of the woodwork. An enemy redeems him/herself (not revealing the gender cuz I want to keep it as a surprise. Duh!). Just amazing. I'm not a huge fan of how Sam and Rory reconcile, but I'm just grateful they did. Pretty quickly too or I would have been pissed.

The only thing I'm sad about is that the epilogue wasn't far enough in the future for me. I liked their HFN, but I guess because of all of the turmoil and angst, I was more hoping for a HEA. Ah well. Beautiful story nonetheless.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!