Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Wednesday, 27 July 2016

    Review: Normal

    Normal Normal by Danielle Pearl
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    First of all, this author is extremely talented. My goodness!! I was immediately absorbed in this story and COULD NOT put it down for the life of me. The writing, the pacing, the character development, the plot, the meat, all of it was just sooooooo amazing!!

    This was a very hard read for me because... trigger! But I was still able to enjoy it while cringing (a lot). I was instantly sympathetic with Rory and eagerly awaited her champion. And her saviour came in such a delightful package. Sam looked like what she knew (arrogant, gorgeous, intelligent), but he was so much more. This boy was such a man! I loved loved loved Sam. He had so much in common with Cam (which was bittersweet for sure) and I wonder if the author rhymed their names intentionally.

    I docked a star simply because Rory, at times, too many times, lacked logic. There were instances where I wondered if she had no access to electronics, but then remembered that she had a cell and there was mention of her deleting all of her social media accounts, so that would mean that yes, she did have access to electronics. So how, in this day and age, did she allow herself to make the kinds of choices she did??? Especially whenever she turned on Sam. OMG I just wanted to throttle her ass!

    So anyhoo... great story and I can't wait to see what is planned for Robin's comeuppance.

    XO

    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment