Review: Detecting Lust by Mikey Lee

January 01, 2017

Detecting Lust by Mikey Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sin #1
Release: June 2, 2016
Length: 215 pages

Seth Lane is the best SVU Detective the precinct has to offer. He’s smart, determined and has a seriously impressive closing rate. He’s also sexy as hell and married to Zee, a woman who not only understands his demanding job but supports him in doing whatever is necessary to close the case.

But when he meets the newest victim of a brutal attack, Seth has to use every resource he has to find the suspect - and fast. Every clue he collects is a step towards closing the case, but he’s shocked when the biggest clue of all comes with the help of his wife. Thrown headfirst into the case, Seth must follow the evidence to apprehend the suspect before he hits again.


Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


My Review

Before I start my review, I would like to thank Ms. Pam Nelson for this book. You didn't have to do it but I'm so grateful that you did.

Ok so this book was freaking fantastic! Everything about it was bloody genius! I'm not sure how the author came up with this stuff but he's AMAZING!!

Seth and Zee were what married couples should look like and be about. They were still in love, still hot for each other, supportive, considerate, passionate, etc. They were absolutely beautiful together.

Told mainly from Seth's POV, he's a detective for the SVU and he's brilliant at his job. One of his cases is the basis for the plot. Despite the somber, heavy subject matter, this story came off as a light read. Go figure. While at work, Seth showed us that he was actually all around, not just with his wife. He was compassionate, dedicated and determined.

I took a star away for 2 reasons:

1. Ashley was obviously infatuated with Seth (and he knew it), but there wasn't a time where I felt that she was put in her place. He didn't show or tell her about being married and I felt this unresolved issue could be a problem. He didn't even mention it to Zee in passing :(

2. I felt like the ending wasn't really The End. I wanted more and I hope to get it ;)

This author is new to me but he's definitely one to watch. I can't wait to read more of his books because he is MEGA talented.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!