Review: Dark Mysteries by Jessica Gadziala

January 01, 2017

Dark Mysteries by Jessica Gadziala
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Dark series #1
Release: May 31, 2015
Length: 234 pages

XANDER RHODES is a private investigator known for taking cases that other PIs wont touch (and perhaps pushing the lines of legality in order to help his clients) is suffering from sleepless nights and a fall in confidence having failed his last case... protecting a woman from a malicious stalker.

One night, a woman shows up at his office, battered and begging for help. She herself is dealing with a stalker.

What he doesn't know, however, is that ELLIE is hiding things from him. A dark and troubled past that threatens to put her, and his, life in jeopardy.

Among trying to figure out the mystery of the woman begging asylum at his apartment, Xander is forced to deal with his growing attraction to her. Will he be able to reconcile his feelings for her or put the pieces of her life together and help her before it is too late?

Goodreads | Amazon

Read it for FREE with Kindle Unlimited


My Review

"It had never been like this before, this primal. Raw. Like she wanted him to completely consume her. She wanted to be lost in him." - Ellie

Jessica Gadziala is another author worthy of the 1-click. Her books are raw, dark, gritty, sexy and suspenseful. This book was no exception.

There were times I felt like this:

hidingbehindhands

Like I do at scary movies lol.

Others I was like:

comeone

Xander was a reformed bad boy-turned-P.I. He was successful (although you wouldn't know it based on the way he lived) and the go-to guy when the cops can't or won't help you.

Ellie was a damsel in distress. She was living on the run, trying to escape the clutches of her abusive ex. She ran straight into Xander and his sexy, muscular, safe arms. But her ex's reach was vast and it didn't take long for him to catch up to her.

Now, I sympathized with Ellie. I did. But when I realized that she was asking Xander for help without giving him enough information to go on...

So that was a major reason for docking a star. I hate lies, even if it's a lie by omission.

Otherwise, this was a fantastic suspenseful read. The torture scenes definitely gave me chills.

XO

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment because I absolutely love getting and giving them!