Natalie The Biblioholic

About Me:

A great big book lover sharing her love of books!

Looking for something?

Reviews by Star Rating

  • 5
  • 4
  • 3
  • 2
  • 1


  • All Reviews

    Saturday, 30 July 2016

    Review: Bossman

    Bossman Bossman by Vi Keeland
    My rating: 4 of 5 stars

    Vi Keeland's writing, as always, was a delight to read. The opening scene, the infamous bad date, was both cute and funny. The overall tone of this book was almost witty and extremely sweet. Although it touches on some pretty deep topics, it still felt pretty light and fun.

    Who made this book so great for me???

    covermodel

    ^^^ That man right there. Bossman aka Chase aka Gilberto Fritsch. His image is what carried me through this story. This is what I pictured in every single scene. I know I sound perverted and I don't freaking care!!

    Let's just agree that I was a very happy woman while reading this book.

    wink

    Chase's character was handsome, sexy, charming, brilliant, successful, protective, loyal, considerate, passionate, etc. I LOVED Chase!!

    Reese, unfortunately, annoyed me for the first 80% of the book.

    shutup

    That's pretty much how I felt whenever she opened her mouth. Considering the story is primarily told from her POV, I was saying this a lot. She wasn't witty. She wasn't cute. She wasn't charming. I only liked her because Chase was hopelessly in love with her. And I wanted him to be happy. Do I think she's good for him? Absolutely. But I was slow to warm up to her. By the end though, I wasn't a fan, but she and I were cool.

    Honestly, Chase was this story. The tragedy of his past completely shaped him and further endeared him to me (he really didn't need help to get me to like him), and I especially liked how the author wove in his healing, then his backslide, and his path to healing again.

    Great story.

    XO

    View all my reviews

    No comments:

    Post a Comment